Monday, October 20, 2014

Declutter Your Situation

"Clutter is a physical manifestation 
of fear that cripples our ability to grow." 
H.G. Chissell 


I remember when I moved into this apartment....I hated it.
But I just had to be back in my home town. 
I wanted my daughter to live in the midst of the diversity and convenience that I grew up in. 
So I took the first affordable apartment I saw listed.
And I rented it without even visiting it first.
The apartment is small, has no balcony and no real character.
Its saving grace was all of the closet space. I even have a wall of closets in my hallway!

But eventually I began to loathe those closets. 
Why? 
Because they began to burst at the seams with all of my knick-knacks, old boxes of junk and heaps upon heaps of clothes that I had lazily stuffed in the closet when I didn't want to deal with them. 
I hated those closets because they were a physical representation of the clutter in my mind.

I've always tried to avoid conflict. I tried to ignore it, wish it away and act like it didn't exist.
 But like the clothes in my closet, the problems didn't go away. 
They just piled up in the back of my mind. 
And one day I could no longer ignore the clutter.

I had found myself in the midst of piles of debt, 
extra weight, a messy place, low self-esteem, a toxic relationship 
and no direction of what to do with my life. 
I was just a hot, arse, mess!
And although I seemed to have it all together on the outside. 
I was burdened by the heavy weight of my shame. 
Most of all, I was just......miserable.

It took me years to dig myself out of my funk. 
And although I'm still sifting through the mess, 
I found the one thing that I had been searching for year after year.
Myself.
(Oh yeah, and some cute earrings that I had forgotten all about!!)

Over the next few weeks, 
I'm going to share how you can begin to dig yourself out of your mental rut. 
And although it's not a quick or easy process....it will be the lightest you've ever felt.
I can't wait to travel this journey with you.

xoxo
Amina

No comments:

Post a Comment